Deserving Americans

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Thu Sep 19 22:25:49 PDT 2002

Nice to hear for the first time in a while, Justin.

>The general problem was the US bedding down with bad guys to do bad things,

That's a huge problem, but generally not for the US. Where's the terrorist "blowback" for US policy in Latin America or Indochina?

(As Walzer said in the aftermath of 9-11, whatever reasons for opposing US foreign policy we once had, we still have. However, the attacks did not illuminate any new reasons for that opposition.)

> which is still going on. WHo sows the wind, as the proverb says . . . .

The proverb has no predictive power, although it probably would in a world with karma.

Hoping you'll reap what you sow (in a positive sense, mind you), Luke