Lefty Despair

Albert Sonntag berto55 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 19 22:10:11 PDT 2002

At 11:36 PM 9/19/02 -0500, you wrote:

>I don't see how Yoshie's injunction amounts to anything more than
>opposition to all but "constructive" criticism, that is, favorable
>criticism. This isn't simply a matter of tactical or even strategic
>differences, it's the difference between a political movement (or lack
>thereof) and a stoically religious one, as Wojtek has said quite often.
>So when the death squads hit home, in lieu of basic human empathy, there
>were those who chose to peddle hairshirts.
>
>-- Shane

After the failed revolutions of 1848 Marx wrote that reason, the Idea, as they thought of it then, had been scattered and lived only in individual minds. That is the case now.

If you are certain in your heart that you are right, then all you can do is study, and think, and learn, and wait, and do the little that you can do in furtherance of reason.

There is nothing else you can do.