Lefty despair

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Sep 20 05:58:17 PDT 2002

> In my humble
> opinion, it's irrational to say that "the left" is a bunch of
> humorless and self-righteous losers, as is often said here, and to
> still be a leftist, unless you think of yourself as a humorless and
> self-righteous loser. Perhaps leftist critics of "the left"
> automatically exempt themselves in their minds? I'm genuinely
> perplexed.
> --
> Yoshie

Geez Yoshie -- sometimes you sound Vulcan. Ever go bowling? Down some beers and shots? Yell at the moon?

One can easily point to the downside of the left (and there are a fair number of humorless, self-righteous prigs who claim they wish to advance the species -- I've worked with them, marched with them, nearly strangled them on occasion) without donning the same straitjacket. That this rather simple concept perplexes you might serve as an alarm bell.

DP