Literary recommendations: Ken MacLeod

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Fri Sep 20 10:23:18 PDT 2002

Ever read Norman Spinrad's _The Iron Dream_ (1972)? I picked up a book recently, _Hitler Victorious!_, not quite knowing what to expect. It's a compilation of short stories set in a "what if?" world where the Nazis won WW2. I admit I judged the book by its cover: a doctored photo of Hitler beaming proudly from his touring car, draped in US flags, before the US capitol building. Unofrtunately, the stories have so far proven to be mediocre. The intro by Spinrad, however, makes much reference to Philip K Dick's _The Man in the High Castle_, Saban's _The Sound of His Horn_, and his own 1972 work.

Brian

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Kendall Clark wrote:

> Sorry to ramble on, but I hate to miss chances to spread the word
> about such a powerful, original and neglected writer.
>
> Best,
> Kendall Clark

-- ---

"And Mr. Block thinks he may / Be President some day." - Joe Hill, "Mr. Block"