Anniversary

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 20 09:46:59 PDT 2002

I agree with Yoshie, but the impression may arise from remarks, quite defensible in themselves, like the one with which he ended a talk on the Middle East a year ago March: "There is no doubt that the US role remains critical, probably decisive, which is good for us because that's the one factor that we can influence -- a fact that confers upon us responsibilities which are very grave." --CGE