Lefty despair

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Fri Sep 20 16:05:39 PDT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> If I were not a leftist
> already, reading the passage cited above (which makes it sound like
> being among leftists is bad for health) certainly would motivate me
> _not_ to become one.

If the passage above "makes it sound like being among leftists is bad for health," that's because sometimes it is. Maybe not as bad as being among some groups of rightists (or maybe worse), but bad nonetheless. I have no idea what the problem in admitting this is.

Suppressing criticism or withholding basic observations to present a good showing to the public is dishonest. We are the public. Are you concerned that people aren't holding their tongues enough, or that their observations are false?

> Perhaps, jeremiads about "the left in general"
> do give pleasure to some self-sacrificing LBO-talkers who seem
> insatiable for them.

Perhaps some jeremiads do. Good for them.

Brian

---

"And Mr. Block thinks he may / Be President some day." - Joe Hill, "Mr. Block"