Reeve blames Church, Bush

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Sep 20 18:42:46 PDT 2002

Here is one response on Reeves show (I did not watch it, he is too annoying) which was posted to a media discussion group that focuses on disability and is composed of the crip pride types:

"i cringed through the whole show...one of his statements was interesting and telling he said basically that some folks are ok about living with severe disability, i am not...aint that the truth with him. I also thought it was sad when he said he hadnt had sex in 7 yrs...my response..why not????? I thought the show was disgusting and gross,and a waste of money. He/it presented himself as being a sad, poor, pitiful disabled person whose life was not worth living. I think the guy is SERIOUSLY DEPRESSED and wonder if he, with all his nurses, and doctors, an pts, etc has gotten treatment for depression. I mean this guy has everything he needs to live a good disabled life...way to many nurses and attendants, a beautiful place to live, work, a family, a partner. geesh...like I cant imagine if i had half of what he has...im already pretty grateful most of the time with what i have. I dont think hes ever gonna get how cool his life actually is..he wastes so much of it as he says, feeling bad for himself and in my opinon trying to walk. all that energy he puts into walking, sure could go other places....like into disability rights..... just my 2 cents would love to be able to publish a group response to this tv special."

Again, please note that I DID NOT WRITE this. marta

-- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.disweb.org