left/right cults (was re: Lefty Despair)

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Sep 21 10:28:11 PDT 2002

> The Chicago-based accounting/consulting giant Andersen often seemed
> very cult-like. It's numerous employees were often arrogant and cultish in
their
> behavior, especially young, new indoctrinees.

> Peter

One of the buildings I clean, a big shipping company, third or fourth largest in N. America, is like this. There's a creepy "family" concept that's reinforced through posters, plaques, weekend events, seminars. One of the posters in the hallways says, "Remember, we are special because _ you _ are special." The employees there aren't all that arrogant, but they do flash the same kind of smile, and sometimes I expect them to sell me a flower.

DP