Wedding Announcement

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Mon Sep 23 10:07:07 PDT 2002

I've told this story bunches on this list(in different contexts, usually my limited experience with The Left) and assumed that the no comment just meant no one believed me. Anyway, back when CounterPunch went to that logo about Babylon I was rather drunk one night as I was getting my sub renewal together(before I was on the internet or had managed to express myself some, while sober) and I wrote a note on the renewal form saying something like the Babylon thing just making the mag less credible out here in The Rube Gallery(this is pre-RG and I don't remember how I put it but you know how I feel about needlessly alienating regular people and handing free hammers to the likes of Limbaugh and stuff) and I said that I liked CounterPunch cause it told the facts and named the names instead of a bunch of ideology. Soon after that CounterPunch started using just such a logo(or whatever you call it). As I recall I didn't do anything till the next renewal when I wrote(probably drunk) that I thought they should at least give me a free sub. Never heard back. Never renewed. ----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 11:12 AM Subject: Re: Wedding Announcement