left/right cults (was re: Lefty Despair)

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Mon Sep 23 18:04:59 PDT 2002

>A significant chunk of Andersen in the West and Southwest ended up at KPMG
>Consulting (KCI) about 3 or so months ago. In the days leading up to the
>formal sell-off, KCI started up with the "welcome to your new corporate
>culture" re-indoctrination efforts with the Andersen employees, which
>included mandatory playing of the most godawful corporate song: as I
>recall, it rhymed "KPMG" with "vision of global strategy" and other
>ghastly couplets.

Yuck, I feel their pain.

>The Andersen people -- however cultish they may have been -- seemed to
>universally scorn *this* level of musically-reinforced cultus.
>
>So it seems a pretty relative thing.
>
>Kendall Clark
>(Not an Andersen employee, just married to one)

Ooops! Notice how I said "often" and didn't include all Andersen people under that rubric. I've had friends who worked there which is how I gained first-hand knowledge of corporate booster culture and remember Chicago was Andersen headquarters. The snide tone might have been my inner anarchist talking.

Peter