Will The Real March Please Stand Up?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 24 09:39:14 PDT 2002

DP wrote:

>I'm completely against the coming war on Iraq, yet I'm puzzled why
>there are two marches on DC within a few days of each other. The
>first, on the 26th, comes to us from the fine, decent folk of
>ANSWER/IAC:
>
><http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/o26/o26endorse.html#endo>http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/o26/o26endorse.html#endo

The ANSWER march is on October 26.

>And the next one, on the 29th, by a coalition that, so far as I can
>see, doesn't have Chinese Stalinist apologists organizing it:
>
><http://www.endthewar.org/dontbombiraq.htm>http://www.endthewar.org/dontbombiraq.htm

And the NNEWAI march is on September 29, which unfortunately competes with the Al-Awda event:

***** ALL OUT FOR PALESTINE - CHICAGO SEPTEMBER 29, 2002: Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition announces our third National Demonstration. This demonstration is to Commemorate the Second Anniversary of the Intifada and a solemn Remembrance of the 20th Anniversary of the Sabra and Shatilla Massacre, on Sunday September 29th, 2002 in Chicago , Illinois...more info

<http://www.al-awda.org/s29_rally.htm> ***** -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20020924/56d195eb/attachment.htm>