The nature of anarchism (Lefty Despair etc.)

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Thu Sep 26 00:37:23 PDT 2002

Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:11:47 -0400 From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Subject: Re: Lefty Despair and Re: More Michael Parenti Re: Deserving Americans

Tahir Wood wrote:

>anarchism stands for communism

Well, there are right-wing, small biz anarchists too, no?

Doug

Yes I posted to this and another list recently on the topic of 'individualist anarchism'. However, the anarcho-communists denied quite vehemently that this was any sort of anarchism at all. Maybe our professed anarchist comrades on the list will tell us whether they are communists or not. My point to the left-baiting DP was that his rightwing and uninformed perspective on communism denies the historical link between the different branches of the communist movement. The fact is that there is currently a real chance of the breach in the movement being healed now, as you would be aware from the aut-op-sy discussions, what with the current rise in popularity of all forms of leftwing communism, including anarchism, autonomism, etc. and the decline of the old statist project. Tahir