Whores on Hitch

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 26 10:35:16 PDT 2002

[From the DNC-bootlickers at Media Whores. Thought many here would probably agree with this. DP]

Snitch: Free At Last....Now Free to Follow the Money

With a hardy "screw off," Snitchens has at last quit The Nation, with a final column that reportedly basically says he can no longer tolerate writing for a magazine whose audience doesn't agree with his own anti-progressive, liberal-hating point of view.

The magazine's envoi to Snitch, Katrina Vanden Heuvel, sounding like a battered spouse who still loves her man, offers one last valentine to the right-wing nut case who's been fouling her magazine for years.

As for Snitch, widespread speculation has it that Michael Kelly (recently kicked upstairs at The Atlantic) is taking the old drunk on, so that the two of them can run amok in merry wingnut tandem.

Snitch, of course, is free at last to be what he has been for some time now, which is a raving Tory right-winger.

As for the Nation, this final degrading episode is but another example of what happens when you tolerate an abusive, destructive, Clinton-hating thug in the name of some bizarre idea of left-wing "solidarity" -- and your shared hatred of liberals.

MWO will not say we told the Nation so, or dwell on the fact that we have warned the Nation for years about Snitch.

We will not belabor the point that the Nation lost not only subscribers but credibility as a progressive magazine because of Snitch.

We are too saddened by the latest developments to go on for too long about the fact that Snitch has yet again humiliated the Nation by quitting, but not before getting in a few final parting shots at its readership. This, of course, after publicly smearing the magazine and liberals with impunity for so long.

Maybe, just maybe, the Nation will stop its liberal-hating and, after some rest and recuperation, come to its senses. We don't expect it to happen -- but hope for the best.

As for Snitch: Bottoms up, mate!! Keep pouring it on.

Developing sickly ...