Whores on Hitch

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Thu Sep 26 11:22:05 PDT 2002

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 at 1:48pm Doug Henwood wrote:

> Dennis Perrin quoting the Media Whores:
>
> >We will not belabor the point that the Nation lost not only
> >subscribers but credibility as a progressive magazine because of
> >Snitch.
>
> Nation subscriptions are up, way up, in the last few years. So this
> is a hard point to prove.
>
> >Maybe, just maybe, the Nation will stop its liberal-hating and,
> >after some rest and recuperation, come to its senses. We don't
> >expect it to happen -- but hope for the best.
>
> Liberal hating? Don't they read the Dem-of-the-week
> reports from John Nichols?

I too, think it is bad that Hitch is gone from the Nation. I have not agreed with Hitch much lately, but at least he was fun to read. I positively dread what they'll come up with as a replacement. Please, not another obnoxious Whorite like Alterboy, or another snoozer like Patricia Williams.

-- no Onan

Undefeated, everybody goes home