American Candidate

Alan Jacobson ajacobson at igc.org
Thu Sep 26 12:16:13 PDT 2002

It's set "five minutes into the future". The world is controlled by giant media networks and advertisers. Televisions are everywhere and they cannot be turned off, by law. Edison Carter, Network 23's ace investigative report uncovers corporate scandals, aided by his alter-ego Max Headroom, which is a matrix of Edison's personality who inhabits the computer systems that control Network 23. Lot's of subversive cultural commentary. It was television too good for television, lasted one season I think, mid 80s'.

My favorite MH moment, the kids show "Lumpy's Proletariat". :-)

Alan Jacobson