Hitchens quits Nation

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Thu Sep 26 17:42:46 PDT 2002

>I find this sad news - it's bad for the magazine, and it's sad
>Hitchens has turned so comprehensively belligerent. But I guess it
>was inevitable...
>
>Doug

He told me this past Sunday and said he thought he had few comrades left at The Nation. It is sad - and very bad news for the magazine. I don't think he's turned so comprehensively belligerent though. As for replacements, an audacious choice would be comic artist Peter Bagge. He'd certainly cause a lot of debate and letters to the editor even if he doesn't have Hitch's depth and range.

http://reason.com/0202/cr.pb.rock.shtml

http://reason.com/0207/cartoon.pb060702.shtml

http://reason.com/hod/cartoon.pb021502.shtml

Peter