Hitch's nervous breakdown

Chris Beggy news at kippona.com
Thu Sep 26 20:44:40 PDT 2002

"Peter K." <peterk at enteract.com> writes:

> --quick, someone call Condi, Hitch has got the goods on Saddam and Al Qaeda. Or Hitch is having a
> nervous breakdown...hard to call this one...
> -----
> Or it's an inconvenient truth. Condi and Rummy already started saying
> this, not that we should take them at their word....

The information about Al-Ani that Hitchens cites appeared as hard news on October 6, 2001:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A14042-2001Oct5&notFound=true

Just because it appears here, too:

http://www.edwardjayepstein.com/walking_vanishing.htm

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/completetimeline/index.htm

doesn't mean he's having a Pierre Salinger moment.

Strangely, though, that meeting between Atta and Al-Ani has recently (4/30/02) ceased to be treated as hard news:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A11966-2002Apr30&notFound=true

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/2002-08-29-usat-opin-bamford_x.htm

Hitchens personally interviewed the Czechs involved and came to a conclusion different than the FBI.

Chris