"Hitchens' nervous breakdown"

steve philion philion at hawaii.edu
Fri Sep 27 08:13:07 PDT 2002

), but I think he has a point when he emphasises how nasty a regime Iraq is. Just because the US is going to invade Iraq (my bet is early November. Any others?), doesn't mean that the left should cosy up to Saddam a la George Galloway.

--well, yeah, but uhm, who on the left is or has been cozying up to saddam? we're talking about a dictator here that murdered countless members of the CP Iraq...I'm not familiar with any evidence of leftists cosying up to saddam, or is the evidence something along the lines of "a lady in shonees overheard 3 bearded men wearing mao caps talking fondly of saddam's peasant base..."

hey, that reminds me, when is hitch gonna come out with an article praising Eunice Stone? -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20020927/ea2c7e2c/attachment.htm>