Anti-Imperialism 101 Re: Hitchens quits Nation

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Fri Sep 27 12:26:17 PDT 2002

But the point is that the cause of the Irish was itself just-- the cause of Milosevic and Saddam is not and even against the interests of their own people. Ireland was a colonial struggle where Britian controlled the local state apparatus. In the case of Milosevic and Saddam, it is these local thugs who control the state apparatus. A very different situation.

-- Nathan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 2:42 PM Subject: Anti-Imperialism 101 Re: Hitchens quits Nation

> At 1:23 PM -0400 9/27/02, Nathan Newman wrote:
> >I still think Barney Frank had the most succinct statement of the biggest
> >difference between the Vietnam War and more recent conflicts. Ho Chi
Minh

<http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html>