polling crisis

Michael Ferro m.p.ferro at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 27 13:17:06 PDT 2002

Doug submitted the following:

> Jewish World Review Sept. 26, 2002 / 20 Tishrei, 5763
>
> Dick Morris
>
> The perils of polling
>

> Polling is in trouble. Big trouble. The data is no longer reliable...

This is very useful and, actually, heartening information as an antidote to the endless polls cited on TV which seem designed to assure the Bushies that most of us are still head-over-heels in luv.

Another antidote I heard this a.m on Democracy Now: an Indymedia person from Minnesota has just telephoned some 50 U.S. Senators' offices to inquire about the feedback the Senators are getting regarding war upon Iraq. All of the office staffers, whether the boss was Repug or Demo, reported overwhelming (at least several to one) public DISAPPROVAL of war plans.

Mike Ferro Oakland CA