Christian scholars say no war

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 27 21:19:23 PDT 2002

>How much oil did Japan have on hand in 1945? I frankly have no idea, but
>I imagine their oil supplies must have been dwindling. If so, why couldn't
>the US just have blockaded Japan and waited for their oil to run out?
>
>Carl

They could have done. Or they could have explored the Japanese offer to surrender on the condition that the Empreror be left untouched (which they did anyway). But they wanted to scare the Russians, who had just entered the war in the East, and they had two kinds of boms, one of which had not been tested. Hence Nagasaki.

jks

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx