Hitch's parting shot

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 28 21:25:25 PDT 2002

He's said to be a younger Gore Vidal in many ways, and that is apropos, as Vidal sometimes acts the same way, although only sometimes. The fact that the corporate media chooses to give them a wide audience makes me somewhat suspicious. I agree with Cockburn on Snitch's departure - good riddance to bad rubbish.

This is an insult to Vidal, who is a cultivated man, an intermittantly fine novelist, and genuinely, if idiosyncratically on the left, without a sectarian bone in his body. I cannot imagine him baying for blood, as Hitch has been doing.

jks

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx