The nature of anarchism (Lefty Despair etc.)

clifford_staples at und.nodak.edu clifford_staples at und.nodak.edu
Sat Sep 28 22:31:39 PDT 2002

> It doesn't play out there at all. Expecting it to stems from getting
> levels of abstraction mixed. Theory (e.g. the Marxist theory of
> exploitation and of capitalist contradiction) provides a framework for
> thougt but it won't do your thinking for you.
>
> This is important. There is a huge literature, for example, arguing
> over whether one should "privilege" class or race or gender, or
> how one
> should "combine" class analysis and gender analysis, etc., but class
> operates at a wholly different level of abstraction from race and
> gender, and the debate is utterly futile.
>
> Carrol

Well, I certainly am relieved. I was beginning to despair at the thought of going through the rest of my life without hearing the One True Way of thinking about such matters. Now I can rest easy. Clearly you've done all the thinking anyone need do, so I'll just sit back and bask in the glow of your wisdom.

Asshole.

----- Original Message ----- From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> Date: Saturday, September 28, 2002 11:32 pm Subject: Re: The nature of anarchism (Lefty Despair etc.)