Max's Guide for the Perplexed

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Sep 29 07:54:15 PDT 2002

***** 09/29/2002 Entry: "A GUIDE FOR THE PERPLEXED"

...The demonstrations [in Washington, D.C.] have attracted fewer participants than expected. My hypothesis is that the movement is in a molting phase. The globalization issues are being superceded by the Administration's drive for war. As I've written before, the connection between these things has not been mapped out very well thus far. As the war gets more serious, the anti-war component of the anti-globalization movement will get more serious too. (Yes, there are elements of the anti-globs who support the Bush war plans.) Demonstrations against the war in London and Rome were quite respectable as far as size is concerned. Those will get bigger too when the slaughter commences in earnest....

<http://maxspeak.org/gm/archives/00000542.html> ***** -- Yoshie