Anti-Imperialism 101 Re: Hitchens quits Nation

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Sun Sep 29 14:45:30 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2002 11:27 AM Subject: Re: Anti-Imperialism 101 Re: Hitchens quits Nation

> If we restrict our thinking about what positions to take to the cases
where
> it would make a difference, we'll have a large degree of agnosticism about
> almost everything. In fact we edon't know ina dvance where it wouls make a
> diff. Who would have imagined, Yoshie, that that demo that you and I,
among
> others, organized at OSU against Albright would have kept the Clinton
> administratioon from invading Iraq? So I ask again, what should we have
> advocated wrt to Rwanda?
>
> jks

I can hardly see how you have room to criticize US policy wrt to Rwanda given your "US out of everywhere" dictum.