American Tali-Queer

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Sep 30 11:44:50 PDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, The New York Post was quoted as saying:

> An imam from the Lindh's madrasah - an Islamic religious school - also
> hinted that he enjoyed carnal capers with the young zealot.

> "He was liking me very much. All the time, he wants to be with me,"
> Hayat told Time. "I was loving him. Because love begets love, you
> know."

That's all they've got?? Super-religious guys saying they loved each other a lot in bad English?? On this evidence, every guy that's ever studied Islam is gay. Also Judaism and Christianity. Part of the drill is to use the word love differently.

I'd say this was a new low for the Post but they're quoting TIME Magazine. Does TIME have quotes with more content supporting the same story?

Michael