workers of the world...relax

Cliff Staples Clifford_staples at und.nodak.edu
Mon Sep 30 13:18:34 PDT 2002

Has anyone asked them if they would like what they get in a week with overtime for only working 40, or 30 hours a week? As I recall, such proposals (I recall liking Rifkin's discussion in The End of Work) typically involved the same, or more, pay for less work, the increase coming straight from capital's share. I still don't understand why any Democrat (okay, who is not affiliated with the DLC) doesn't get up and back such a proposal, have talking points handy to beat back the charges of "class warfare" and get on with it.