no-fly blacklist

Steven Hertzberg stevenstevensteven at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 30 16:12:39 PDT 2002

It appeared from the article that Gilmore was simply not willing to present his ID to airline staff upon request, so he was prevented from flying on that single day (July 4th). I didn't see that he was "black listed." Am I missing something?

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com] On Behalf Of John K. Taber Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 3:07 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: no-fly blacklist

If it helps, John Gilmore is also on the no-fly list. See http://www.cathar.net/gc/usa/issues/legal/02_travelid_lawsuit.html

Gilmore is suing. I love the Southwest Airlines spokesgal's response:

Angela Vargo, a spokeswoman for Southwest, said executives

would look at the suit. "After what our country has been

through in the past few months, frivolous lawsuits such as

this are ridiculous," she said.

-- John K. Taber