Kiss Senate Dem Majority Goodbye!

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Mon Sep 30 17:12:34 PDT 2002

> SergioL652 at aol.com wrote:
>
> >Torricelli Quits. Does that mean I can now vote green without remorse?
>
> Cue to Nathan, who will tell us why it's important to keep Daschle in
place.

Yeah on cue- Trent Lott had control for four months and put through a multi-trillion dollar tax cut, killing the funds for any alternative social programs. Give him back control and they'll be permanent and then more on top.

And say hello to Justice Estrada, another forty-year rightwing member of the Supreme COurt.

It looks like they are going to try to put my Congressman Robert Menendez on in place of Torricelli; Menendez is conservative on some foreign policy issues-- he's Cuban for gods sakes and represents the most Cuban district outside Florida -- but has a 95% ADA rating-- the only issue he failed on was supporting an anti-flag burning amendment. But he voted against all Bush tax cuts, for gay rights, against fast track, against ANWR, for patient bill of rights, etc. See ADA at http://adaction.org/housevotedescrips2001.html and voting records at http://adaction.org/Hse2001vr.pdf

And unlike Glick, he might have a chance to make those votes in the Senate as opposed to rightwing Forrester.

--- Nathan Newman