Smart Bombs, Dumb Journalists

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Mon Sep 30 17:51:10 PDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Los Angeles Times - September 29, 2002
> PROTEST
> A Smart Peace Movement Is MIA
> By MARC COOPER
>
> Instead, the knee-jerk faction of the left came up with every
> possible bogus explanation for the Sept. 11 attacks on New York and
> the Pentagon. Some said Osama bin Laden was purely an American
> creation, that the U.S. somehow "deserved" this barbaric attack. They
> refused to see the obvious: Sept. 11 was the handiwork of a
> conspiracy of bloodthirsty religious fascists.

Will someone please inform Cooper that OSAMA BIN LADEN WAS THE ISI/CIA's CREATION. Bush Senior armed, trained and financed the future Taliban, and the monsters of the US Empire's Id turned against it. Most Lefties I know understand the difference between a necessary international police action by the UN in Afghanistan and a permanent, undefined, scary war against terror, the twisted jihad of an unelected, unaccountable, braindead oiligarchy against the entire planet.

> be much better off without him; he has violated many U.N.
> resolutions; he continues to try to develop horrific weapons of mass
> destruction; he cynically manipulated the U.N. weapons inspection
> program and might again attempt to do so if it is reinstated.

This is revolting crap. Scott Ritter, the former UN inspector, has made it pretty clear that Iraq is as disarmed as any sovereign nation can be. They don't have nuclear capacity, they don't have lenses, fissile material, the chemicals or electronics or missiles. They're a bombed-out country of 23 million very poor people with a rotten government, not some genocidal menace to humanity.

-- Dennis