Daschle eats his words, and then some

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Apr 1 12:04:31 PST 2003

Nathan Newman wrote:

>One mistake of the left sometimes is that they assume unitary all-out
>opposition is always the best. But monotone cadences get boring and people
>tune out. A bit of rhetorical strategy, laying low and waiting for the
>whites of the opponents eyes, is not always a bad thing.

Ok, I'll wait patiently for the Dems to come out shooting at that whites-of-eyes moment. You think it'll be before 2007?

Your line about the risks of a unitary line is pretty interesting. How come the right never works that way? They're absolute monomaniacs and never give up - even when they were totally marginal in the 1970s. And they've got a lot to show for it. So why's it work for them and not us?

Doug