William Kristol, Carnegie Endowment for Peace

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Tue Apr 1 14:39:01 PST 2003

On NPR's Fresh Air today the guests were Joseph Cirincione of Carnegie Endowment for Int'l Peace, and Bush Doctrine ideologue WIlliam Kristol. Unfortunately, they weren't debating. Each guest gets about half the show. Good stuff at http://freshair.npr.org/

The hostess, Terry Gross, posed some of Joseph's questions to Kristol, however. "How can we establish democracy at bayonet point?" Kristol: "That's exactly what we did in Germany at the end of WW2. It's possible." Heh.

Lots of WW2, Hitler analogies coming up in debates about this on the right.

Brian