great diatribe

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Tue Apr 1 12:15:55 PST 2003

A friend wrote the following in response to someone saying the Dems couldn't stop the war because they didn't have the votes. It was too good not to forward.

Joanna _______________________________________________________

Just a reminder. When you don't have the votes, you at least have the floor on occasion.

When the Democrats only have Robert Byrd for rhetorical effect, they are in deep need. How about some good old fashion speech making?

I ask you this.

Where are those white knuckled fists griping the podium, the flushed faces, the wild eyes, the flying spittle, the pounding hand, the sweeping gestures----the rising and falling of voices tremulous with rage, now intoning, pleading, crying, now bitter with scorn, contempt, and dismissal, now smooth with reason and history, now reaching into the sky with imprecations to move the spirit, taking that spirit into the thin cold air of hope and desire absolutely convinced that words can be more powerful than votes?

So, by God Almighty those stingy little weasel bastards of Democrats you give your hopes to are utterly unworthy of it.

They haven't got the votes? They haven't got the balls, the heart, the pussy, the conviction, the fucking vision, to say nothing of the votes.

In the face of an outrageously unelected tyranny, a bloody junta installed by a criminal Supreme Court, with a police state thug for an Attorney General, a stinking Nazi for Secretary of Defence, surrounded by brainless twits, snot nosed sycophants, little business whiners, and over weening lick spittles, their so-called opposition, they complain, we don't have the votes. What a joke, what a monstrous and absurd farce they are. And to what end?

There's bloody, burning, crushing death and terror rained loose on the world in their names, and for nothing but the ruling junta's egotism and delusion of imperial power. And, these pathetic bastards, excuse it all, saying we don't have the votes?

They don't have the votes?

Without the votes, they've got the floor, and they can use it to open up the whole god damned criminal executive branch, from its mean spirited idiot president, to its vile smelling vice president who bleeds oil instead of blood, on down the line. These despicable, filthy liars, a bunch of slime bag Texas swindlers, thieves and frauds who run the executive branch can be bashed up one side and down the other with every rotten lie they've mouth, every crooked deal they have brokered, every confidence game they've played, and you can put that, all of that on the record, and burn their asses with it.

That's what you do, when you don't have the votes.

Oh, I am sorry. I forgot. They are afraid of offensive and divisive words in time of mass fraud, slaughter, and mayhem and don't want to be accused of using bad language.

To other's complaints of Democrat apathy you say:

``A bit of rhetorical strategy, laying low and waiting for the whites of the opponents eyes, is not always a bad thing...''

A bit of rhetorical strategy, waiting for the whites of their eyes, ay? Waiting for the opposition to over reach?

So those cagey Democrats are waiting for the UN High Commissioner on War Crimes to certify in a formal declaration after a lengthy investigation and upon hearing thousands of witnesses, weeks of testimony, that yes indeed, the United States of America violated the UN Charter of which it is a signatory, and committed a crime against humanity by its unprovoked war on Iraq? The United States military forces under civilian authority then followed that war of aggression with numerous war crimes, variously documented in the attachments and briefs to the declaration.

I see. Seems a bit late for Congressional Democrats to then bravely declare, we never knew. Those were things we never would have gone along with if we had known...

Where have we heard that before?

So, you're setting the bar on the Democrats anti-war rhetoric to begin what, two or three weeks before the UN War Crimes Tribunal convenes?

Chuck Grimes