Iraq War: Not About Oil, but Euros vs. Dollars

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 20:15:19 PST 2003

I didn't put Russia on that list, just the EU and Japan. I don't know where China gets its oil. jks

Marta Russell <ap888 at lafn.org> wrote:>On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Carrol Cox wrote:

> > I still am attracted by the point Justin phrased well: having an army in
>> the midst of mideast oil puts the US thumb on the carotid artery of the
>> EU, Russia, and China.
>
>How so? Russia has more oil than Saudi Arabia. It would be more like the
>vein running to their ankles. And cutting off China and Europe would
>drive them both into Russia's arms. That'd be a great plan.

There is a "fact sheet" circulating on the net that states Saudi Arabia has the most oil and Iraq comes in second. Is that wrong? I thought Russia had companies in Iraq exploring oil fields already.

Marta

-- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.disweb.org