Daschle eats his words, and then some

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 20:24:40 PST 2003

> Dean is working on collecting antiwar votes but I'm curious if antiwar
activists will put real energy into his campaign. It doesn't involve all the fun and funky rallies but boring door knocking and such. It's definitely not easy to win the nomination but that's because public opinion hasn't swung as hard antiwar yet-- but who knows by next February?

Getting snide, aren't we. I thought you were the guy who thought the reala ctrion was not in 3d parties but in mass movements. Besides, right now the ralliesa ren;t so fun and funky, at least in Chicago, where the cops are out in full Robcop year and are penning our marches up and arresting people by the hundreds. I mean, people who do not intend to get arrested. Anyway, you know Dean's not gonna win the nomination, and if he does, he'll get creamed in the general election -- he'd be another McGovern. Basically, he's a Democrat Ralph Nader,a nd the only reason you treat him differently is that he's running asa Democrat. If you were serious about realpolitik, you'd support Gephardt or someone like that, who has a a tolerable liberal pedigree but might actually win. jks