Daschle eats his words, and then some

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Wed Apr 2 09:13:31 PST 2003

Admit it, we all know that war hawk Joseph Lieberman is going to get it. It's practically already been decided. And if he wins, we'll have this real-life version of Senator Palpatine continuing the Bush Doctrine, while tossing out a bone or two to the poor and workers at home (and even then, only after fierce struggle).

And regarding polls that have any "unnamed Democrat" already beating Bush, don't "unnamed" candidates generally beat out incumbents, no matter what? (The appeal is, they're unnamed -- project who you like on them.) Slap Daschle's or Gephardt's face to this "unnamed" persona, and Bush's prospects will suddenly look a whole lot better.

Brian