Daschle eats his words, and then some

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Apr 2 08:07:12 PST 2003

> See my response to Luke. I don't have $100. I can "bet" with
> other things, though (books, etc.) - Brian
>
> On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Nathan Newman wrote:

That reminds me of a story of a certain type of internet "gambling" - people betting on the exact date of an unpopular person's date. The assumption is that the only person who can win such a bet is the one who "arranges" for the death, and the size of the "jackpot" - which is the incentive for such arragements - is a function of how wide and intense the unpopularity of the object of such a contract is.

Wojtek