[lbo-talk] president, called by god, gives up sweets

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Wed Apr 2 12:39:07 PST 2003

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood

>Bush copes with anxiety as he always has. He prays and exercises.
>Evans says his friend has a placid acceptance of challenges that
>comes from his Christian faith.

>''He knows that we're all here to serve a calling greater than
>self,'' Evans says. ''That's what he's committed his life to do. He
>understands that he is the one person in the country, in this case
>really the one person in the world, who has a responsibility to
>protect and defend freedom.''

Isn't there some limit to bullshit? Isn't there some principle of quantum electrodynamics that requires matter to disintegrate if the concentration of bullshit in a closed system exceeds a critical level? Or is bullshit capacity (BC) infinite?

The president's friends and family fret about him, but advisers say the pressure doesn't seem to be getting to him. ''He's not one of those people who blows with the wind,'' Rumsfeld says. ''He has a very good inner gyroscope, a stabilizer that keeps him centered.''

Well, now we know what he has inside his head instead of brain . . . .