[lbo-talk] The Kurds: God's Illegitimate Children

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Apr 2 15:09:05 PST 2003

***** The Kurds: God's Illegitimate Children Kani Xulam March 14, 2003

...Our dead in Iraqi Kurdistan, for example, have found room in the diction of conservative commentators who are ready to "avenge" us by going to a war in Iraq. Listening to some of these apologists of war, I get the feeling that if it were not indecorous, they would be shedding tears on the talk shows for the hapless Kurds. The adage that politics makes strange bedfellows can now cite another odd example, the emergence of the Kurds as companions for the sympathetic and powerful warmongers.

With such blatant use of the Kurdish dead for war, you would think that the liberal media and the pacifist community would embrace the Kurdish cause of self-determination if only to outdo the war group. Nothing of the sort has happened. I have joined the placard-carrying thousands in Washington, and watched intently those marching in London, Berlin and Rome for a mere sign of support for the Kurds. Mine has been the lone one....

<http://kurdistan.org/Our_Views_and_Iraq/bastard.html> *****

-- Yoshie