[lbo-talk] no geraldo

R rhisiart at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 2 17:00:41 PST 2003

aw, shucks. now we'll never get any meaningful news from iraq.

no mention of geraldo's interview with arnett.

Pentagon removes Geraldo Rivera from Iraq

http://www.kstp.com/article/view/90310/

Updated: 04-02-2003 03:31:56 PM

Fox News correspondent Geraldo Rivera and his crew were flown out of Iraq Wednesday by members of the Army's 101st Airborne Division.

Earlier this week, military officials accused Rivera of disclosing military movements without military authorization after a report in which he squatted in the desert and outlined military movements in the dirt.

Eyewitness News reporter Dean Staley, who is embedded with the 101st Airborne division in Iraq, interviewed Rivera before he was transported to Kuwait by the 101st Airborne division.

"I think I will go back to Kuwait. I feel like I have been scolded," Rivera told Staley.

The Pentagon said Tuesday that Fox agreed to remove Rivera from his posting with U.S. troops in Iraq. Later in the day he appeared on Fox from Iraq.

Rivera told Staley that he hoped to be in Kuwait for a week and then make arrangements to rejoin the 101st Airborne as an embedded reporter. U.S. military officials inside Iraq said they knew of no such plan.

KSTP will air the interview with Rivera on Eyewitness News at 10 p.m.

Staley reported members of the Army's 101st had mixed reactions Rivera as he passed through their camp in Iraq.

"Some of them wanted a picture or autograph. Others were really angry because they had heard what Geraldo had done and they understood the reason he was being sent home." Staley said. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030402/ce9a1eca/attachment.htm>