[lbo-talk] Russia's economic outlook

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Thu Apr 3 09:03:18 PST 2003

<<How can we attain the necessary growth level?

By diversifying our economy through stimulation of three factors. This involves doing three things: Boosting the export of goods other than raw materials, replacing imports with Russian-made items, and stimulating the new, high-tech economy. >>

Sounds like the sensible 20th century Japan-S. Korea-etc. (and 19th-century US-Germany) development model. It should also provoke direct conflict with the US (although that may be a fait accompli, thanks to Bushie the Conqueror).

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: "ChrisD(RJ)" <chrisd at russiajournal.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 16:59:03 +0400