[lbo-talk] Cult Behavior

Quenby Alclaire flagrant_sake at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 10:30:19 PST 2003

--- Stannard67 at aol.com wrote:
> I understand your point, but fail to see how it doesn't also apply to
> Amway distributors, members of a high school debate team, dentists,
Fugazi
> fans, pot smokers, and baseball card collectors.

and i fail to see how it does apply to those. apart from maybe Amway none of those come to your door or even actively try to recruit people. also none of those except maybe amway, again, (i've had no experience with amway) require a reshaping of basic thought processes. for ex. i've never met a member of any high school debate team that thought they were 'scum' prior to becoming members of that group.

~M.E.