[lbo-talk] truth in j'ism

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Thu Apr 3 10:42:13 PST 2003

<< A close look reveals that images of certain people, squatting on the ground, show up in the photo just to the left -- and right -- of the soldier's legs. >>

You bet it takes a close look. So close that I'd bet someone ratted the guy out.

Walski probably wanted to take out the image of the guy in white in photo 2 who seems to be crawling up the soldier's butt. He probably couldn't crop the guy out sufficiently (cropping being a form of photo editing technology that is OK because it's been around a long time).

There are, to my knowledge, few industry-wide editorial restrictions re reprinting images sent by third parties (often PR firms), over whom editors have no control.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 13:18:04 -0500