[lbo-talk] Say it ain't so, Max

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Apr 3 11:38:11 PST 2003

Actually at first I didn't read to the end of the article, so I had no idea what Patrick was talking about.

The idea that contracting can never be worthwhile is simple ideology. You can believe it or not, but professing the belief accomplishes nothing. I don't believe it myself. To support or debunk the idea, you need some notion of justifiable criteria for contracting or not contracting.

Public production of services does not necessarily lead to more equitable distribution, to more cost-efficient production, to more regard for the environment, to a better deal for the workers, etc.

mbs

I have no idea why Max thought it worth conceding an inch on this issue, and even after his response, I still have no idea.

Doug