[lbo-talk] Atlantic Monthly Editor Killed in Iraq

H. Curtiss Leung hncl at panix.com
Fri Apr 4 08:52:09 PST 2003

Yeah, he's the creep:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A26290-2001Sep26

also

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A25043-2003Jan21&notFound=true

Doesn't Nietzsche write in _Anti-Christ_ that one should not allow one's enemies to die for their cause, to become martyrs? The chickenhawks will be be in one long orgy of sanctimony over this one; it'll be cries that here was a man of courage and conviction, someone who wasn't just an armchair war supporter, etc., ad infinitum, ad naeseum.

I wish he'd come back alive, with GIs to tell stories of how he soiled himself at the first bomb blast he heard. Now he's a hero and we'll never heard the end of it.

Curtiss