[lbo-talk] Atlantic Monthly Editor Killed in Iraq

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Apr 4 09:30:09 PST 2003

> I don't know about anybody else, but I'm cheering. I cheer every time
> one of our enemies meets an untimely demise.
>
> This is war, isn't it?
>
> Chuck0

Yes Chuck -- I know how you love shit like this. Very "anarchistic." But please note that Kelly was rightwing propagandist and that's all. So far as I know he never personally killed or raped anyone, nor did he drop napalm on peasants or fly airliners into crowded buildings. Let's keep things in perspective.

And no, Doug, I'm not mourning. I didn't know the guy. But if we who oppose this and future land grabs are so ready to cheer the deaths of journos we despise, then what is the basis of our anti-imperialism? It certainly isn't humanistic when portrayed this way.

DP