[lbo-talk] Hey Chuck!

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Apr 4 10:32:38 PST 2003

Kevin Robert Dean wrote:

>Hey Chuck
>
>I working a temp job and I wanted to check out infoshop,
>but I was greeted with this message:
>
>"The requested page is currently unavailable
> Your organization has chosen to limit viewing of this site
>(http://www.infoshop.org/), due to the rating of its
>content (miscellaneous questionable).
>
>If you feel that you have received this page in error,
>please contact:
>Your System Administrator "
>
>You must be very proud!

Yeah, Infoshop is banned all over the place. It's banned in offices, schools, libraries, colleges, and much more. The teenagers seem to take this in stride, because they know ways around the censorship. It sucks that people are being prvented from freely surfing the Internet, but that is American "free speech" for you. I just take it as a sign that we're doing the right thing.

Still, Infoshop registered 5 million hits last month so a few people must be getting through!

Chuck0