[lbo-talk] poor Miami

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Apr 4 13:00:55 PST 2003

New York Post [Page Six] - April 4, 2003

Outta here CONSERVATIVE pundit Ann Coulter is so upset by Mayor Bloomberg's Tali-ban on smoking, she's moved to Miami. "[Bloomberg] is wrecking New York City and I didn't want to pay for his fascist smoking police . . . Soon he'll be mandating that New Yorkers have a glass of milk and engage in calisthenics every day," Coulter fumed. "He seems to imagine that New Yorkers were drawn to that city for the clean living . . . I'm not sure even [former mayor John] Lindsay could have come up with something so breathtakingly stupid. Reduced bar business means reduced tax revenues means Ann-Pays-More. So I'm gone."