[lbo-talk] Re: war propaganda

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 4 20:18:35 PST 2003

At 6:47 PM -0800 4/4/03, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>I think it is Yoshie's and Carrol's position, as amply documented by
>recent exchanges.

I don't think so. If we believed that "History...through the operation of Economics, notably class interests (but not, apparently class _consciousness_, which is psychological) directly operates on historical agencies -- classes, states (heaven forbid, not on individuals; they're epiphenomenal too), and any accompanying believes and desires are just the siren on the steam engine," we would have simply said so and left it at that. Instead, for examples that you and a couple of others said would require "psycho-sexual" explanations, I provided alternative interpretations that make more sense to me. -- Yoshie