[lbo-talk] Re: war propaganda

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 4 20:35:15 PST 2003

At 8:15 PM -0800 4/4/03, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>Nor, apparently, is Marxism meant to explain how class interests
>actually issue in the conduct of the individual whose actions make
>history

If class interests simply dictated the conduct of individuals who belonged to the same class, there would be no necessity of politics.

At 8:15 PM -0800 4/4/03, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>treating the individuals and their mental states as merely causally dependent

I thought that discussion in the thread titled "explananda" concerned only the virtue (or lack thereof) of "psycho-sexual" explanations (i.e., the use of "psycho-sexual factors" as explanans") in social theory, rather than "individuals and their mental states," which, to me, constitutes a different topic. -- Yoshie